Today we had a chat with Deffyme, Future Garage, and Drum n Bass artist, and also one of the founders of the FG Collective, a team that are influential on helping to spread the word on the Future Garage scene.
We asked him a series of random questions, and I mean random! 😀
Hi Deffyme, thanks for doing the random questions interview for us!
1. Choose 5 favourite tracks in the Future Garage genre.
Easier questions please…
Let me try:
1. dreams47 – disappear
2. Vacant – Southbound
3. Bucky – Breaking Your Heart
4. dreams47 – Japan
5. Sloati – Hide Your Eyes (!!!)
Oh man this is so hard. And also the ones I just named
aren’t in a specific order or so.
2. Choose 5 favourite tracks outside of the Future Garage genre.
This is even harder. Fuck me…
1. June Paik – Grenzwert
2. June Paik – Schlittschuhlaufen
3. Genesis – Mama
4. Marcello & Sir Serch – Das Gute Von Oben
5. Venetian Snares – My So-Called Life
Errr these are just a few I could think of, since I listened to them like 9,999,999 times or so.
3. Choose 5 favourite albums
Oh shit I just noticed that I forgot to mention Tool in question #2…
Of course Tool is one of my all-time favourite bands, and therefore I have to put at least one album in this list.
I love them all equally though…
So it’s gonna be:
1. Tool – Lateralus
2. System Of A Down – Steal This Album
3. Venetian Snares – Rossz Csillag Alatt Született
4. Alien Ant Farm – Anthology
5. Autechre – Amber
Do not ever ask questions like these again
4. Guilty Pleasure tracks? Name 5 tracks you are a little embarrassed of liking but can’t help yourself. Let it out mate, don’t be afraid! I’ll put you at ease, one of mine would be Alexander O’Neal!
1. Katy Perry – I Kissed A Girl (yea it’s catchy af)
2. Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe (I really like this shit)
3. Taylor Swift – Trouble
4. Beyoncé – Crazy In Love ft. JAY Z (Banger chune haha. I don’t usually listen to such music but I’m really fucking with this.)
5. MC Bushpig – Eat My Rotten Meat (I know it’s crazy, but I like that shit.)
5. What is your favourite place on Earth?
My bed hahaha!
6. Where is the worst place you’ve ever been?
There were a lot of really bad places so far.
But actually visiting the remains of the German concentration camps is always shockingly terrible.
And yet there are so many people saying the holocaust wasn’t real.
I took dreams47 on a trip to one of the museums and he can approve when I say it’s informative
but terrifying as fuck, because this shit happened only 80 years ago.
7. When you are not making music or working what are your hobbies?
Photography, Videography / Cinematography, Video games (casually), Voice acting, Beatbox, just to name a few.
8. If you go out to a club do you prefer a prestine state of the art club or a dirty p!ss stained dive?
The dirty cribs. The clean and tidy ones make me feel uncomfortable for some reason.
9. Tell us something really, really random about yourself.
I “suffer” from Myrmecophobia.
10. Who’s the most famous person you ever met?
I had a meet ‘n’ greet with Asking Alexandria once, but I’m not sure wether these guys were the most famous people I’ve met.
But I do think so.
11. What would you do if there was a knock at the door and you opened it to find a real
silverback gorilla stood there but all you had was a sandwich at hand? Would you try to
feed it the sandwich or hit it with the sandwich?
Can I only choose between these two options?
I think I’m doomed. I would naturally smash the fucking door and hide in the attic. Or play some of the songs in question 4.
12. Whats the funniest thing that happened to you recently?
I heard a kid saying: Oh man, Oscar is farting all the time…..
And Oscar added: Not ALL the time…
13. If you were playing a board game (let’s say Monopoly) and you lose. Do you take it easy, like “yeah I lost, fair enough” and say well played to the winner, or do you trash the game and smash the f**k out of the room?
I am okay with losing. But I demand another chance haha!
14. If you could choose a theme song for whenever you walked into a room what would it be?
Radiohead – Creep
15. You are known as deffyme, but should listeners of your music call you deffyyou?
Lucas or ‘GOTHfather of Drums’ is sufficient.
Thanks for the interview haha! xx
Thank you GOTHfather! 🖤